Friday, September 10, 2010

Ommmm

I've heard it said that meditation is the art of enjoying doing nothing without falling asleep.  For me it can also be the art of trying to sit still without giving in to the overwhelming need I feel to dust every time I try to meditate.  Clearly I need a new meditation pouf.


There aren't a lot of stylish pouf's out there.  Most of them look like they were designed primarily for comfort.  However, I did find a few that manage to combine comfort and style.  Below are the contenders.


CB2 makes a cool chunky knit pouf.  It's like a cross between a  metallic fisherman's sweater and a bean bag.  When not being used to meditate it would look great on a bed made up with all white linens.  It's also really reasonably priced.



CB2 knit pouf $79


The white leather embroidery embellished pouf from Serena & Lily is very stylish and has such 1970's Morrocan vibe to it.  It screams Gypset.  I'd keep it in my living room and use it for extra seating when guests come over.

Leather embroidered pouf $450 Serena & Lily

The leather pouf/ottoman from Neiman Marcus is a good option for someone who doesn't want to sit to near the ground.  It's a great in between option.  Part pouf, part ottoman.  It would be great if you were meditating outdoors.

Leather ottoman pouf $499 Neiman Marcus

And the winner is.... A Missoni pouf!  I love the shape.  Square not the typical round.  It's part pouf, part pillow, would make a great side table with a tray on top and I love the signature wool stripe Missoni fabric.  I feel Zen just looking at it.  Ommmm

Missoni square pouf $416













No comments:

Post a Comment