Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Book of the month club for fashionistas...


Coming out this August, Kate Spade is introducing a new line of ”Book of the Month” clutches. The bags will feature completely original cover art based on classic novels, including The Great Gatsby, Emma, The Importance of Being Earnest, Great Expectations, and A Tale of Two Cities. 
 
Retailing for $325, one new "book" will debut every month.  A book of the month club for people who don't read.  Kate Spade creative director Deborah Lloyd said: “We wanted to pretend we had our own publishing house.” She hopes that women will not only wear the bags, but display them around their homes as if they were actual books.

I wonder what the other 7 "books" will be?  If I were a betting woman, I'd go with Lolita and A Clockwork Orange definitely making the cut.  I'd like to see Ulysses, the one book on the planet I'm pretty sure nobody has ever read (I don't care what you say Simon memorizing Molly Bloom's soliloquy does not count!).  So will you join the club or is this just An American Tragedy?









No comments:

Post a Comment