Saturday, March 6, 2010

Girl Scout cookie season is upon us...

It's official, girl scout cookies season is upon us! I was out shopping this morning and out in front of my neighborhood market a troop had set up shop. Girl Scout cookies are sold by the Girl Scouts of the USA as part of their yearly fundraiser to support local scout units. Girls have been shilling cookies since 1917 and today, sales are estimated to be over 200 million boxes per year. That's a lot of thin mints!!! At $4 a box they're competitive with the average grocery store boxed cookie and, come one, it's a great cause. Not buying an anual box or two of Girl Scout cookies is un American, bad juju and just plain mean. I was a Girl Scout for a hot second back in 1977. I switched to the Indian Maidens however because their costumes were way cooler. What can I say, we here at Curious Orange have always been a sucker for fringe and feathers...

No comments:

Post a Comment