Thursday, February 18, 2010

Six Degrees of Audrey Hepburn

They say there are only six degrees of separation between us and everyone else on this planet. I say there's only six degrees of separation between everything on the planet and Audrey Hepburn.

For example today in history: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain was first published in the US on February 18, 1885. My huckleberry friend is a line in the Johnny Mercer song Moon River. Moon River is the theme to the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. Breakfast at Tiffany's stars Audrey Hepburn! I know it's a stretch but work with me folks...

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossin' you in style some day,
Old dream maker,
You heartbreaker ...
Wherever you're goin',
I'm goin' your way.
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end
Waitin' 'round the bend ...
My huckleberry friend,
Moon River, and me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOByH_iOn88





No comments:

Post a Comment